19.03.2020 12:00 - News
COVID-19 epidemic caused by the coronavirus has become global. The coronavirus causes an acute respiratory tract infection. According to present knowledge, the majority of the infected only experience mild symptoms as a result of the virus. For some, contracting the virus can be a major risk.
The new coronavirus mainly spreads through droplet transmission, when a person coughs or sneezes. It is also possible that the virus spreads through physical contact. Coronaviruses do not survive in the air or for days on surfaces with variable temperature. No transmissions through items have been detected.
Production situation of Kaptas is stable
The coronavirus has not caused cuts in the production of Kaptas. Single delays are possible, if the situation protracts. These cases can be caused by, for example, availability problems with certain components or child care arrangements of our personnel (related to consequences of the state of emergency declared by the Finnish Government, such as closing schools). We aim to do our best to take care of our orders and security of supply.
Prevention measures for the common good
Prevention measures against coronavirus protect our employees, customers and cooperation partners. The aim of the prevention measures is also to protect the vital functions of the society. Kaptas addresses virus prevention measures with responsibility and care.
Handwashing cuts the route of infection from surfaces to nose, eyes and mouth
- It is of utmost importance to wash hands! Wash your hands when you arrive at work, before eating and smoking, in toilet and when you leave work
- Avoid touching your face
- Use paper towels to dry your hands. Paper towels are disposed of in combustible mixed waste
- In addition to the possibility to wash hands, hand sanitiser is also available
- Apply a big spoonful of sanitiser in the hand, dip the fingertips of both hands in the sanitiser, rub the sanitiser throughout the hands, and let it dry.
Coughing and sneezing
- Use a paper tissue to cover your mouth and nose when you cough or sneeze
- If you do not have a paper tissue, cough or sneeze into the upper part of your sleeve, not hands
- Put the used tissue immediately into a bin
- Wash your hands carefully after coughing
Kaptas pays special attention to clean premises in all situations. Due to the coronavirus, we have further enhanced cleaning of the premises, by disinfecting the common spaces, for example.
Workspace arrangements and meetings
We have made workspace arrangements to prevent coronavirus. For example, we have located the workspaces of our designers in different parts of our production plant. We make every effort to avoid group encounters of our personnel, which is why we have also staggered pauses during the workday.
Minimising external contacts
In order to safeguard our personnel, to protect our security of supply and to control the spread of the virus, Kaptas does not receive any visitors for the time being.
Electronic connections used effectively
We take care of our customer contacts and communication with our partners via phone, email and video conferences.
Instructions for staff in suspicions of infection
If a member of our personnel develops symptoms of a cold, our instruction is to stay home.
Kaptas does all it can to control the spread of the virus and to take care of its personnel, customers and cooperation partners. We closely follow the communications and instructions from the authorities and aim to take preventive measures in occupational safety, company security and risk management.
Phone 040 726 7630
Phone 040 569 5198